11 Things to Avoid Doing if You Want to Be Happy!
It's never too late to bring happiness into your life! I came across this list of 11 things you can avoid doing if you want to happy, and I couldn't agree more!
- Involving yourself in drama: This is a never ending cycle of headaches! Don't involve yourself in things are irrelevant to your own life. Instead, focus on yourself and how to improve your own life.
- Having unrealistic expectations: There's nothing wrong with being optimistic and having high expectations. But stay true to yourself and be honest with yourself and your expectations.
- Settling: Whether this is in your relationships, your career or friendships. This will put you on the fast track to boredom which will lead to unhappiness.
- Always saying yes: Learning to say no will be one of the most freeing and powerful things you can learn to do in your life. You don't always have to have a 'great' excuse to not do something. Not wanting to do something is good enough of a excuse. There's only so much time in our day, we might as well do things that we actually DO enjoy.
- Listening to public opinions: Just because the majority of people believe something to be right or true doesn't mean it is.
- Living in the past: The past is over. There is nothing you can do about it! MOVE ON! Sure, there's lessons to be learned from the past, but it's not healthy to dwell on it. The sooner you make peace with your past, the better your present will be. It doesn’t matter who you were before as long as you are happy with the person you are in the present moment.
- Going back to your exes: There's a reason why it didn't work out in the first place.
- Gossiping: There is no reason to concern yourself with someone else’s behavior if it has absolutely nothing to do with you.
- Dating someone completely wrong for you: Too many people get complacent and comfortable in their relationships and see no reason to end them, even though their partner isn't making them happy.
- Over-critizing yourself: Spending your time nitpicking pointless details about yourself is not a good way to encourage yourself to be better. Think positively, open your mind and focus on improving yourself rather than hating on yourself.
- Passing judgment: You don’t know anything about other people’s lives or what they’ve been through. Let people behave the way they wish to and continue living your own life.
It all makes sense don't it?! =)
(Courtesy of Elite Daily)