‘ABCs of Tri-Cities’ Gives a Virtual Tour of Our Community
All the time people post to social media pages, "I'm moving to Tri-Cities in a couple of weeks, what's it like?" Now you can just send them this page for a full summary!
Washington produces a whopping 66% of the nation's apples!
For those who don't know, the official name of the Blue Bridge is the Pioneer Memorial Bridge.
The Playground of Dreams was built in 1999.
The Dust Devils have been playing at Gesa Stadium since 2001.
The Kennewick High School Lions have the nickname "East Kennewick Uglies" after a football game from the 90s.
The region was named after George E. Finley, a pioneer settler.
The stadium opened in 1994!
The area for the nuclear development site was decided based on its isolation and abundant water supply from the Columbia River.
The Kennewick Irrigation District was formed in 1917.
Jackrabbits run around all over the place out in West Richland. Have you seen one?
The library at Keewaydin was opened in 1964.
The Lampson Transi-Lift 3000 is 560 feet tall and can lift 6 million pounds!
Almost 10,000 years ago, giant glaciers that melted caused catastrophic floods that shaped the Columbia Basin!
Our nuclear reservation continues to be the most contaminated site in the U.S.!
The Tri-Cities is the 9th most obese area in the United States!
The city was named by a construction engineer for the Northern Pacific Railway named Virgil Bogue.
Downtown Pasco has sooo many dress shops that specialize in this Mexican tradition.
The region was named after Nelson Rich in 1905.
Lewis, Clark and Sacajawea camped in the area that is now known as Sacajawea park in 1806.
The commonplace for football and hockey fans was originally titled the "Tri-City Coliseum."
Development of the plutonium for bombs during the 40s took place here in the Tri-Cities and continued for the Cold War.
Our top grossing activity that attracts tourists is none other than wine tasting at our local vineyards.
Everyone loves them sweeet onions!
The railroad system created easier access to the area and eventually attracted settlers.
Catch people floating down the Yakima this summer!
The food chain "Zip's" started out in Kennewick near the Cable Bridge in 1953 and is the oldest continually-operated restaurant in Tri-Cities!