Another house fire, this time in Kennewick, leaves another Tri-Cities family without a home in the cold. The fire started while the family that lived there was away at 4506 West 20th Avenue. When they returned home, they found alarms and smoke in their house sometime after 8 am according to news reports.

Fire Marshall Bill Ellis said that the fire seems to have started by a faulty furnace located in the attic.Remember, just yesterday they had a house fire in Prosser and Richland fire department says 2016 was the busiest year for fires on record.