Can’t Sleep? Here’s 5 Tips That Helped Me This Week
This week has been a interesting one! As some of you know, Aj and myself are launching a morning show on Monday which means we have to be at the station up and ready to go by 5:30am. For as long as I can remember, I've been a night person, so waking up at 3:30am and showing up to work excited at 5:30am isn't the easiest thing to do. Surprisingly, the toughest part of it all, is falling asleep early! My body is not used to being in bed at 8pm, in fact, that's usually when I'm most awake. Here's 5 things that have helped me adjust my new schedule:
1. Tazo Tea: Rest tea has really helped mellowing me out at the end of the day and it helps with a good night's sleep.
2. Going to bed at the same time every day: Routine and discipline are extremely important in changing your schedule.
3. Reading before bed: I usually do this anyway. Taking 30minutes to an hour to read a book calms your mind, mellows you out and in a weird way preps you for bed. It always helps me to relax.
4. Stop drinking caffeine after 3pm: Caffeine stays working in your system for up to 10 hours, so I've cut back on my caffeine intake. That has been extremely hard, I looooove coffee!
5. Watch a movie before bed: This might actually just work for me. While movies excite most people, it does the opposite for me. Especially if I lose interest early on in the movie. The movie has to be EXTREMELY good and/or based on a true story or I'll close my eyes and next thing you know, I'm dreaming.