Deadly Toxic Algae Found in North Pasco Reservoir
The Scooteney reservoir has been closed after finding deadly and toxic algae bloom called Microcystis aeruginosa. It is very dangerous to animals and small children even if they swim in the water. Victims can get symptoms including nausea, jaundice, rapid pulse, shock, and even death if they swallow some water according to news reports.
Officials want to make sure people and pets stay out of the water and that people know the toxins can stay in the water for a week after the bloom is gone.