Ever Toured the Hanford Nuclear Site? Now is Your Chance
Registration to tour the Handford Nuclear Reservation open tomorrow June 1st at 9 a.m. This is a highly sought after tour and fills up quickly...here are the details
I went on this tour many years ago and thought it was very interesting!
- Registration for the tours that were scheduled in 2016 filled within a couple of hours, so a second round of free tours have been added.The additional tours will be Aug. 2, 3, 10, 16, 17, 24, 30 and 31 and Sept. 7 and 8. Tours are offered only on weekdays.
- Registration is offered online only at www.hanford.gov
IMPORTANT: Your WA drivers license in not a valid form of ID at Government Facilities a second form of government-issued identification may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Closed-toed shoes are MANDATORY. Sandals, flip-flops, thongs, open toe/open heel and high heel shoes are prohibited.Long pants and shirts with sleeves are required.
- Clothing must be appropriate for an industrial environment. Anyone not dressed appropriately will not be allowed on the tour.
- Tours begin at 8:00 a.m. each day and last approximately 4½ hours each. Tour participants must be United States citizens and at least 18 years of age. All tour slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis through an online registration system. There is no cost to participate in the tours.All tours begin and end at the HAMMER Federal Training Center Facility, 2890 Horn Rapids Road, Richland.