Got Depression? These 8 Little Things May Lift You Up!
I've suffered from depression for most of my life. It's one of those things you either have and understand, or you just don't understand it. Sometimes, though, all it takes is one little thing to lift the cloud of hopelessness and give a shining light to an otherwise dark soul.
Some of these things you can do for yourself, other things you can do for others. :)
- My doctor always suggests exercise. Some say it's better than the very best anti-depressant.
- A hug.
- Being texted first. Know of a friend that has depression, text them first! They'll feel important and loved.
- Affection - it's hard to feel down when you feel loved and appreciated.
- Getting a compliment - also, giving compliments because you know you made someone else feel good about themselves.
- Petting a cat or a dog.
- Setting tiny goals that you can reach.
- Getting a haircut literally lifts some weight off your shoulders.