Hit the Great Indoors Memorial Day Weekend! Best Binge Guide!!
Memorial Day weekend is known for being full of barbecues, picnics, camping and getting out doors! But let's get real, sometimes you just want to stay inside! If that's the case, I've got just the thing for your shut-in three-day weekend: BINGE! Netflix and Hulu have a slew of shows for you to start or catch up on. So, pack nothing but snacks and beverages, get all geared up in your comfy pants, and ready, set, BINGE!
- Black Mirror- I can't say this enough. WATCH THIS SHOW! It's definitely one that can get quite dark, so sprinkle in a sitcom or funny movie in between a few episodes. Trust me.
- The Crown- Can't get enough of royalty? You've GOT to check this show out! Queen Elizabeth II's back story based on true events will have you addicted!
- Safe- This new Netflix original has be HOOKED! Yes, that is Dexter, but no, he's not a serial killer in this one. AND he's British!
- Sherlock- Again, me with the dark shows, but this is much lighter than Black Mirror or Safe for the most part. And they're BRILLIANT!
- The Good Place- Sweet and fun sitcom. The kids can join you on this one!
- Dynasty- Yes, it's a remake, but it looks fun. Don't take it too seriously and you'll have a blast with this show
- Cocktail- Sometimes you need 80s cheese, and there's nothing that says 8-s cheese like Tom Cruise making a cocktail in paradise!
- Marvel Movies - Catch up or watch again before they're gone! Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Doctor Strange are all still on!
- The Santa Clarita Diet - It can get kind of gross with all the killing, but it's campy and fun. Not for the kids per se, but when they get to bed, you'll laugh your booty off!
- Black-ish - Hilarious, heartwarming, and the whole family can watch.
- The Goldbergs - I just started this one, but if you grew up in the 80s you'll appreciate this in a way your kids won't. They'll still laugh, though!
- This is Us- Catch up, if you haven't yet! SO GOOD!
- Executive Decision- Sometimes you need need a 90s action flick. Here ya go!
- The Handmaid's Tale- Another dark but extremely well done show. You'll need tissues and mood stabilizers but you'll be okay. A must-watch!
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit- Ppppppppllllleaaasee introduce your kids to this movie. They'll love it as much as you do!
- Con-Air - Because again, sometimes you need a 90s action flick. Plus, this is the only movie where being Nicholas Cage is okay. LOL
- James Bond Movies - Hulu has like a million Bond movies to stream. Pairs nicely with chips and a martini, shaken OR stirred!