It's been a busy season for local firefighters! Space heaters have destroyed many homes and taken a few lives. Not long ago Pasco was hunting down a suspected arson. But a far weirder reason was blamed for a recent fire.

A pile of "paint supplies and oily rags" caught fire in a Kennewick shop and the fire department blamed "spontaneous combustion."

Now I thought that was a Sci-Fi concept or urban legend. Maybe demons? Or perhaps what happened in Boardman, OR not long ago when a mile of rotting wood heated up and caught itself on fire.

I don't see how any of those apply to a pile of oily rags, but the truth is, if you make a HIGHLY COMBUSTIBLE PILE something is guaranteed to get it burning!

MihailUlianikov