Survey Results: Most Important Traits Men Look for in a Woman
A recent online survey of 430 people asked what men look for most in a woman. The answers from men will surprise you. Of the top 10 answers only 2 mentioned appearance.
The first men asked gave answers, then subsequent men were allowed to give new answers or agree with something already said.
- Independence (129 votes)
- Confidence and not looking to others for validation and compliments (95 votes)
- A pulse is good, and breathing (77 votes)
- Sense of humor, attractiveness, good outlook on life and smart (74 votes)
- Reasonableness, health, doesn't look like she was dropped on her face repeatedly (42 votes)
- Smart, cultured, opinionated, someone who can make me smile genuinely. (36 votes)
- A sense of humor (26 votes)
- Open and honest, inner calm and happiness, takes responsibility for themselves (24 votes)
- Their ability to care.. and I mean really care about other people and how others feel. (20 votes)
- I love a woman who reads a lot (14 votes)
Men get a bad wrap for being too much into appearance, but as you can see from these candid answers, looks aren't the most important thing -- and arguably not more important to them than to women.
The most important thing is for a woman to be able to stand on her own two feet emotionally and in day-to-day matters.